Moving during Coronavirus
In order to carry out home removals safely, a risk assessment will be carried out during a site survey. Where these conditions will be discussed and must be met.
- Client or any members of their household must not be showing any signs or symptoms of coronavirus including; high temperature, new dry cough, loss of taste or smell.
- All furniture to be cleaned with antibacterial spray or similar before being moved
- All items must be securely boxed or baggedItems will be labelled wherever possible with the location at the new property is not obvious
- Door handles and handrails will be cleaned with antibacterial spray
- Doors will be left open
- Toilet facilities should be cleaned with antibacterial spray and spray be available for re-cleaning
- Client will stay a minimum of 2m away from all removal staff in a separate room during loading but will remain available to answer any questions staff may have
- There can be only members of the household in either property during the removal.
- Will arrive in a clean freshly laundered uniform
- Will work in a buddy system carrying furniture with only one other member of the team, whenever possible
- Will have clean gloves for each removal
- Gloves and uniforms will be laundered after every move
- If two moves are carried out in one day clean gloves will be used for each separate move
- Where possible only two removal staff will travel in the truck cab at once, extra staff will travel in different vehicles. If additional vehicles are not available three staff will travel with windows remaining open.
- There will be no more than four removal staff working on your removal at any time
- Any staff or any members of their household must not be showing any signs or symptoms of coronavirus including; high temperature, new dry cough, loss of taste or smell.
If the client does not adhere to their responsibilities above and/or will not immediately rectify any legitimate concerns, we can refuse to do your removal. Any furniture already moved will be offloaded to the nearest safe location. Any deposits paid will be forfeited.
Removal cancellations due to Coronavirus
In the event that anyone in your removal chain is showing symptoms of or diagnosed with coronavirus then your removal can not go ahead for at least 14 days. We will transfer your deposit to another future moving date. If we cannot accommodate you on that date, we will refund 100% of your deposit. We also reserve the right to cancel your removal if any of our staff are showing symptoms and we are unable to do your move.
Document updated 15/5/20